Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kandi Pachadi | Thuvaram Paruppu Thogyal | Toor Dal Chutney

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm stuck with arranging my house for In-Laws. All I want to do is make them feel comfortable in our house. I'm all most done & gearing up on making some recipes ahead to blog uninterruptedly. 
Today I wanted to share a Andhra delicacy "Kandi Pachadi"with you all. This chutney goes well with rice & dollop of ghee. I love it having as a side for roti & naan too.



 I have some more to share with you all too.... I have started my own photography page on Facebook - Sree's Photography Do check it out friends. I would love you all dropping by there & reviewing me.

Ingredients 
1 Cup toordal 
Red chilli 4 or 5 ( Depending on your spice level)  
1 Tsp jeera seeds 
1 Tbs tamarind pulp 
1 Tbs oil
Salt 
Seasoning 
1 Tsp mustard 
1 Tsp jeera 
1 Red chilli
1 Tbs oil
Hing 
.....
Heat a pan with oil & add toordal, red chilli's, jeera. Fry them till toor dal slightly changes it color Remove from heat & cool them for some time. 
Grind fried ingredients along with tamarind & salt.Grind it coarsely by adding little water.
Heat a pan with oil & to that add mustard, jeera & red chilli's to it. Once mustard starts jumping add hing and switch off heat. 
Take chutney in a bowl & mix seasoning to it.Chutney is ready to serve. 

Note: 

1.You can add little more water while grinding chutney if it is too dry. 
2.Chutney can stay good for 3-4 days when refrigerated. 


19 comments:

  1. chutney looks awesome..looks pretty easy recipe..would love to try this..thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chutney looks deliciuos with full of flavors....love to have it with rice and ghee as suggested...

    i am hosting the Kerala Kitchen event for this month...do send in your entries...

    cheers

    roshan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a nice time with your in-laws. Nice chutney recipe

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously cant take my eyes from ur irresistible click,super tempting chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow reminds me of my mom ....v nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy chutney...Hey checked ur fb page...Nice one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive never tried chutney with toordal..looks very yum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our family fav chutney,love it at any time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...superb chutney...thanx 4 sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks lovely shree!
    pls drop by my page at http://amumsjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, absolutely love it dear. Such a favorite of mine growing up with some rasam :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow chutney looks delicious and spicy ....... will try this chutney soon ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all your comments girls...

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice chutney, always comforting. Happy to follow u

    ReplyDelete